- Zoodles. Lots of zoodles. (These are zucchini noodles. I buy mine pre-made). I’ve got a toddler so every ‘cheat’ helps
- Cherry tomatoes (one package)
- Baby portobello mushrooms (one large package)
- 1 Spanish onion
- 1 package chicken sausage. (Buy this cooked and its okay if it has some greens or a bit of cheese in the sausages already)
- 1 stick butter
- Lemon juice (About 5 tablespoons)
- Chicken stock (I think I put in about a 1/2 cup). I eyeball everything. Sorry
- Garlic powder
- Grated pecorino romano (for serving)
Prep your veggies. Chop the Spanish onion and clean and slice all of your mushrooms. (You can mix mushrooms and add in whatever you like – shiitake etc.)
Add your butter to a large sauté pan in small pats over medium heat until melted.
Add about 1 teaspoon of salt.
Throw in onions until lightly tender
Throw in your mushrooms and cherry tomatoes.
Add in the chicken stock and lemon juice and steam with lid on pan for about three minutes.
In another smaller sauté pan, melt a little more butter over medium heat until melted and add about. 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Throw in the zoodles and sauté gently for a few minutes.
Simmer the zoodles with the lid on, and add your sausage to the large sauté pan with all the veggies.
In a deep bowl, add a few teaspoons of pecorino Romano.
Then place a small serving of zoodles at the base of the bowl.
Then, with a ladle, add in a nice serving of the mixed veggies with the sauce from the butter, stock, lemon and spices.
Finally, add some more pecorino Romano to the top and serve.
I forgot to take pic of the bowl. I’ll do it with the leftovers!
Source: Read Full Article