Active Time: N/ATotal Time20 MIN
Yield: Serves : 8
With notes of strawberry and citrus, tart kiwi pairs well with creamy avocado and bitter endive in this savory fruit salad.
- 4 kiwis (about 2 1/2 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 heads Belgian endive (about 3 1/2 ounces each), leaves separated
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, peeled, pitted, and sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup roasted salted sunflower seed kernels
How to Make It
Using a paring knife, trim one end of each kiwi. Gently slide a small spoon between kiwi flesh and skin; slowly rotate kiwi until the skin is separated. Squeeze out flesh, and discard skin. Cut kiwi flesh into 3/4-inch slices.
Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, Dijon, and honey in a large bowl. Season dressing with salt and pepper. Add kiwi slices, endive, avocado slices, and sunflower seed kernels; toss well. Arrange salad on a platter, and serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article