- Prep 20 min
- Total55 min
This casserole combines a favorite combo for many – savory beef chili and sweet cornbread, for a complete dinner the whole family will love.
lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
cup chopped onion
can (14.5 oz) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
can (15.5 oz) chili beans (pinto beans with chili peppers, onion and garlic in a zesty tomato sauce), undrained
teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
tablespoons chili powder
teaspoon ground cumin
teaspoon garlic powder
tablespoon butter, melted
can (11 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated cornbread swirls
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12×8- or 11×7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned; drain. Add tomatoes, chili beans, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon of the garlic powder, the salt and pepper; reduce heat to medium. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until bubbling and heated through; transfer beef mixture to baking dish.
- 3In small bowl, mix melted butter and remaining 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. Remove dough from can, and separate into 6 rounds (do not unroll dough). With serrated knife, cut each dough round in half through the middle to create 12 rounds. Arrange rounds (cut side down) on top of hot beef mixture. Brush tops with melted butter mixture.
- 4Bake 19 to 24 minutes or until dough is baked through and deep golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Regular diced tomatoes may be substituted for the fire-roasted diced tomatoes in this recipe.
- A serrated knife works best for cutting the dough rounds.
- Serve topped with all your favorite chili toppings, like sour cream, shredded cheese and sliced green onions or jalapeños.
Source: Read Full Article