Mary Berry’s roasted sausage and potato supper makes for the perfect midweek meal, taking just one hour to put on the table. Best of all, the meal is complete in three easy steps.
The recipe, which serves four to six, can be described as a “family favourite”, beloved by adults and children alike.
You won’t be holed up in the kitchen for hours washing up either, as the tasty meal only requires one dish.
Mary Berry said: “This will become a firm family favourite as it can be cooked in one dish and is so quick and easy to put together.
“If you’re making this for young children, you can replace the wine with stock, if you prefer. Choose your favourite type of local, British sausage for this recipe – my family loves leek and sage.”
READ MORE: Mary Berry’s tasty salmon dinner takes 15 mins to make – ‘lovely’ easy recipe
- Two tbsp olive oil
- Two large onions, sliced lengthways into wedges
- Two red peppers, deseeded and cut into large dice
- Two garlic cloves, chopped
- One tbsp chopped thyme leaves
- 500g (1lb 2oz) baby new potatoes, unpeeled and halved
- 12 sausages, pricked with a fork
- 200ml (7fl oz) white wine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Ripen an avocado in just two minutes using easy microwave method[HACK]
Princess Kate and Prince William’s favourite meal – delicious and easy recipe[INSIGHT]
Mary Berry’s ‘classic’ pasta dish cooks in 10 minutes – easy recipe[RECIPE]
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/Gas seven.
- Except for the wine, place all the ingredients in a large, resealable freezer bag. Close the bag by sealing it and shake well to coat all the ingredients in the oil. Or, for the same result, place everything in a large bowl and turn the ingredients until they are fully coated. Transfer the coated ingredients into a large roasting tin, and spread them out into one even layer. Ensure that the sausages aren’t covered by any of the veggies. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roast for around 30-35 minutes until golden. Take the tray out of the oven, turn the sausages over and toss the vegetables in the cooking juices. Pour in the wine and put it back in the oven for another 20 minutes. The sausages must be cooked and the potatoes tender. Serve hot with mustard on the side, or your sauce of choice. Plate up with rice, couscous or pasta if you’re extra peckish.
Source: Read Full Article